Corporate Responsibility is integrated in our core business
- We are committed to the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact. The UN principles on human rights, labour rights, environment and anticorruption guide European Energy’s corporate responsibility efforts.
UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- We support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). Our main focus is SDG-goal number seven: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. The goal is an accurate description of what we strive to do every day.
- We aim for growth that is in harmony with the environment by seeking to minimise the environmental impact of our business operations. We safeguard the areas surrounding our wind and solar farms, including flora and fauna, local residents and the landscape.
- We strive to develop, establish and promote technologies enabling the environment and economy to coexist harmoniously and to build close and cooperative relationships with a wide spectrum of stakeholders.
- We respect our employees and believe that the success of our business is led by each individual's creativity and good teamwork. We stimulate personal growth for our employees.
- We support equal employment opportunities, diversity and inclusion for our employees and do not discriminate against them.
- We take a broad perspective on diversity and consider nationality, age, gender, education, seniority and experience important.
- We strive to provide fair working conditions and to maintain a safe and healthy working environment for all our employees.
- We respect and honour the human rights of people involved in our business and, in particular, do not use or tolerate any form of forced or child labour.
- We recognise our employees' right to freely associate, or not to associate, complying with the laws of the countries in which we operate.
- Management takes leadership in fostering a culture that promote ethical behaviour.
- We respect our business partners such as suppliers and dealers and work with them through long-term relationships to realise mutual growth based on mutual trust.
- Whenever we seek a new business partner, we are open to any and all candidates, regardless of nationality or size, and evaluate them based on their overall strengths.
- We maintain fair and free competition in accordance with the letter and spirit of each country's competition laws.
- We do not tolerate bribery of or by any business partner, government agency or public authority and maintain honest and fair relationships with government agencies and public authorities.
- European Energy often carries out activities in areas with high unemployment rates, we help to ensure growth in local communities by providing jobs for local workers, contractors and suppliers.